Yonkers Matrimonial Action Lawyer
Attorney Exclusively Practicing Divorce & Family Law Cases
For any matrimonial action, seek the legal counsel of an experienced family law and divorce attorney. At The Marley Law Group , our Yonker divorce lawyer works to guide you throughout all proceedings and see that the process is completed properly, and your interests are skillfully represented.
Matrimonial actions include:
- Annulments to declare the marriage void using certain criteria
- Divorce to end the marriage and allow either party to remarry
- Legal separation to allow each spouse the space to either work out difference or proceed toward divorce
We can explain what works best in your situation. Call 914-312-4131 today to schedule your free case evaluation today.
Receiving an Annulment in New York
Unlike divorce, an annulment effectively erases the marriage as if it never occurred. Recognize that the conditions for receiving an annulment are very specific in the state of New York, and you have up to five years following the marriage to apply for an annulment for some of the conditions.
In the state of New York, you may receive an annulment if:
- Either spouse was under 18 at the time of the marriage. This signals that the spouse was too young to give consent to the marriage and therefore the annulment should be granted.
- The presence of a mental illness in either spouse. As long as that spouse is still alive, and can prove that he or she was mentally incapacitated at the time of the marriage, the annulment may be granted.
- A spouse is physically incapable of consummating the marriage. Should you proceed with your marriage and later discover that your spouse is unable to have sexual relations, you can ask for an annulment.
- Evidence of fraud indicates that the marriage was conducted under false pretenses, including marriage for a Green Card. Any circumstances that caused the marriage to be conducted under duress can be investigated.
Our team Yonkers is dedicated to helping you achieve the most favorable results for every matrimonial action. In a free initial consultation, we advise you as to whether or not you have a good chance of achieving an annulment.
Call The Marley Law Group at 914-312-4131.
See What Our Clients Have To Say
"If you need a good divorce lawyer go to Wayne f Crowe speak directly to him and he will help you through the process"If you need a good divorce lawyer go to Wayne f Crowe speak directly to him and he will help you through the process- David M.
"Would recommend!"Very friendly law firm to work with. Would recommend!- Antonia R.
"Very professional and listened to all my concerns."
I would recommend this firm.- Edith K.
"This law firm is absolutely amazing."I wish I was able to give them 10 stars.- Latoya N.
"They were very professional."If you are looking for a quick resolution to your dispute, questions answered in a timely and friendly manner, then this firm is for you!- Tasha W.
Great firm!- Lee C.
"I had a great experience working with the team, they were prompt, courteous and respectful."I had a great experience working with the team, they were prompt, courteous and respectful. Not to mention a price you can't beat!- Brandon W.
"I have recommended this firm to multiple friends in need of their services."Even with a pandemic jamming up court proceedings and the added stress and complications with my case they were more than professional and I have recommended this firm to multiple friends in need of their services.- Brian W.