When it comes to co-parenting after divorce, communication with your ex-spouse can be difficult, especially if you don’t get along. However, even though the marriage is over, you both must continue to be the best parents possible to your children and create a loving, stable environment.
Organizing and keeping track of visitation dates, important events, school projects, medical appointments, vacation, and other tasks can be quite overwhelming. Fortunately, help can be found on your cellphone.
The following are several apps available to help divorced spouses become better co-parents:
- Our Family Wizard ($99 per year) – Available for both iPhone and Android users, this app was specifically created to help co-parents improve communication and ability to share information about their children. Our Family Wizard enables parents to manage all aspects of their shared-parenting plan and visitation schedules. It also has a messaging service and a storage feature to keep track of shared costs, emergency contacts, medical records, and more.
- Coparently ($9.99 per month or $99 per year) – While this has similar features to the app above, Coparently also enables your kids to communicate with both parents about scheduling requires, forgotten item, and more. This eliminates having the children to address both parents separately while maintaining open communication.
- 2Houses ($9.99 per month) – In addition to giving both parents access to a calendar to organize important dates and the ability to share information related to their kids, this app also allows them to share photos videos. There is a journal feature to record notes and other reminders.
- Cozi (Free or $19.99 per year for an ad-free experience) – If you would like to try something without paying a fee, Cozi is a free online calendar program which is useful for co-parents, especially if you set up alerts via text or e-mail. Not only can you share schedules, but the app can also help you create to-do lists, plan meals, manage shopping lists, and more.
- Google Calendar (Free) – Considered the most popular app for co-parents (especially when both parties have Gmail accounts), this app enables parents to create calendars and share editing rights. You could also set up automatic reminders for routine events.
If you are interested in modifying a current child custody or visitation order in New York, contact our Yonkers family law attorney at Empire Law today.